Friday, November 20, 2009

Intro to Bucky Festoon - Welcome

Hello and welcome to my first Blog. This is Paul.

I have been searching for a simplified way to communicate with everyone interested in keeping up with my life. Since there are sometimes numerous developments in my life on a daily basis I need a way to communicate these with family and friends (and anyone else that may have an interest) in a timely manner. As much as I would love to communicate with everyone personally it is virtually impossible. I will continue to do my best to communicate personally when possible, but, please feel free to come here and I will attempt to keep this information as current as possible. Thanks for understanding.

Those that know me know that I have been told that it is "very likely" that I have prostate cancer (no big C for me) that has metastasized into my lymph system. If that is true it would be stage IV. I have chosen not to use the generally accepted treatments recommended by the medical community (surgery, chemotherapy and/or radiation). Instead I have opted (with the understanding and complete support of my incredible wife Sherry) to use a combination of faith (in God's desire for me to be completely healthy, and His provision through His Son Jesus for that healing) diet, lifestyle changes, supplementation and exercise. I will explain all of this in detail as I fill in the blanks in later blogs.

So what or who is Bucky Festoon??? Well, this is a funny pseudonym I came up with several years ago. Since I am not interested in having my name plastered all over the internet and am not clever enough to come up with a blog name in the allotted 6 seconds (that I won't have second thoughts about later) I chose Bucky Festoon. It's that simple.

6 comments:

  1. Hey Bucky! Site looks good. It took me awhile to figure out how to respond. We are with you all the way. We have no doubt that God is a Covenant God and always does what He says He will do. Blood was shed! The Debt has been paid! We are DEBT FREE!!! in Christ. Love ya
    Chow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Bucky,
    This is Dexter, a dear friend since 1952. we are tracing your footsteps day by day and following the same protocol recommended by Bill H. we are in our 10th week and headed for the 16th. God has provided an interlude with the Vet's Admin on December 11th. Please pray that my results will indicate significant improvement in my health.
    All love and best wishes with this Blog.
    I feel that I have just "Shot an arrow into the air." I hope it does not "fall to earth I know not where." Again, Dexter says HI!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there Bucky!

    I am believing with you.... I've seen God do amazing things in my life as well... I've seen Him heal... and provide.... I know He is no respecter of persons... and I know that nothing is impossible to him who believes... he will do the same for you...

    I pray for peace in the midst of contravercial reports, and joy in this process of healing...

    Keep fighting the Good Fight... you have lots of prayer backing you! along with a Great Big God!!

    later gator

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man must obey the secular laws, ordinances and regulations to which he is subject, after which HE is responsible only to himself in the determination of whether his decisions are right or wrong. That men have invented gods, and may continue to do so, utilizing these inventions for personal benefit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Bucky and wife of Bucky,
    We are praying for you guys and we're excited for your healing and excited to see how God is going to use you to glorify His name. Thank you for doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Mr Festoon

    Love the blog. Thanks for the updates it gives us ways to know how and what to pray for. I am looking forward to future posts. Good luck on your upcoming trip to SDC.

    Regards

    BRADADUG

    ReplyDelete

Please Add Your Thoughts or Comments Here